Sunday, September 6, 2026

Summer is Almost Over

 


By D.I. Muhammad 





Summer officially ends September 22, 2026. This is when the autumn equinox comes in. I follow the equinox for each season.

We have had our festivals, and concerts that mark our cycle here where I live.  I'm going to miss the warm weather. I'm not one for the winter. But before it get cold I took in my favorite spot on Belle Isle, until I heard the sirens they use for a storm warning. That's when I packed it up.  

Driving around the island,  there were a lot of trees that where either split in half, uprooted  from the ground, or had branches that fell from the trees from Fridays storm.

The day was cloudy, but we got some sun, which made it an awesome day.


The festival that officially ends our Summer is the Jazz Fesitival, and Arts, Beats, and Eats. I wasn't able to attend Arts, Beats and Eats tonight. I really wanted to see Kool and the Gang.    I did however get to the Jazz Festival.  I'll watch the Jazz group, Take 6 tonight on the Detroit Jazz Festivals YouTube channel.

Hope you did something fun this Summer.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. To leave a comment, click on 'Post a Comment.'