Vglnk

Friday, November 4, 2011

Shining Stars




I absolutely love this video because it tells us as parents not to get discouraged because our children are labeled as ADD or ADHD, but to also understand that we have children that ae shining stars and are special and intelligent regardless of what they are being labeled. I had to start this site because they were trying to label my child as ADD. She was a child that just refused to do her school work. I was told by her teacher that she refused to pick up a pencil and write. I went to look for a school with a smalll class size, and I found a school not far from me that offered just that. As I was talking to principal and telling her about my child she said to me that your child sounds as if she has disgraphia. Disgraphia I researched is when a person has a hard time writing and may need special equipment to do there work like a computer. My daughter loves working on computers. I decided not to put her in that school because it was a religious based school and I don't want my child in any type of religious based school. No swipe against those who are or do put there children in religious based schools.

One day sitting in front of my daughters school waiting for the bell to ring, I was listening to a morning talk radio program. The topic was schools earning a fee from your child. They were talking about how the schools refer parents to go see there doctors annd if the child is put on medication like Ritalin the school gets a fee off of that child being put on medication. Needless to say I got angry sitting in my car listening to that and here it was the school she attended was trying to have me do that very thing. So, I say to all parents that there is absolutely nothing wrong with your children. We have a school and medical system trying to make money off our children by medicating them. The medication may "calm" them but its also suppressing emotion. My daughter had a friend who was in her class that was put on Ritalin, and all of a sudden she told me he was threating her for no reason, and saying he was going to beat her up. This was after the medication. Before that there were no such incidents. They were no longer in the same classes together, she said he would see her at lunch or on the playground. Then she said, "Mama he not the same anymore." She could tell the change and didn't know he was being medicated.

One of the things I found that worked with mt daughter was that I HAD to change her diet. I had her focus her attention to that which she loves to do, which is the arts. Drawing, coloring, writing and drawing her own comic book. I am in the process of getting her a guitar. In other words find your child's talent or future aspirations and start working on them now. They want to be a Chef let them cook in the kitchen with you. In other words find your child's talent or future aspirations and start working on them now. In other words find your child's talent or future aspirations and start working on them now. Meditation works well. They may only be able to do it for five minutes but that's okay, its a start. Most important part get them off the white sugar. Its like crack. They eat it, then they're all over the place. Get them outside. I've noticed most schools now don't have recess time, just gym. Let chilldren be children and play and this ADHD would be knocked out. Show love and compassion because these children coming in the world now need our love, compassion, and time.

I found this brother not to long ago that goes in and explains the link of the Public School System and the link with black children rather excellently.  Take a listen for yourself.















No comments:

Post a Comment